Maintain a Healthy Weight
Pressure on heart increases if a person is over weighted. You may ask your consultant the best weight for you and how to loose weight in case you are over weighted.
But there are other reasons also for weight gain
A quick weight gain means your body is retaining fluids. If u are gaining 1 kg per week, you should contact your doctor. You should weight yourself after urinating but before eating. Remember to wear same amount of clothing each time.
Record your wait everyday
That helps you to remember it and note changes overtime.
Reduce consumption of salt and also.
- Raise your legs
Sitting or lying down with your legs raised will help drain fluid away from your legs. This is a temporary measure as the fluid is just being shifted from one area to another.
- Make walking a routine
Walking helps to tone muscles and increase circulation .Even if you are on mobile than also try to walk when you talk.
- Avoid people suffering from cold and flu.
Wash your hands at frequent intervals .When you are sick it becomes harder to breathe and it puts a lot of stress on your respiratory system.
Make your visit to your health care provider fruitful
- Make a list of questions you want to ask, note down the consultants answers. Make sure you understand his directions and follow his suggestions.
- Do tell him about any new medicine or supplementary diet you are talking or any new health problem you are having.
- Also tell him about any new side effects or symptoms you are experiencing.
Reduce the chances of getting sick
- Get flu and pneumonia shots. Ask your healthcare provider when you should have them.
- Create a healthier environment .Avoid extreme in temperatures. Try out steps to reduce dust and humidity in your home.
If you smoke, stop it now!
Smoking narrows blood vessels, makes harder to breathe, increases blood pressure and heart rate. The risk of developing other heart problems also increases. Do not plan to stop it quit it now. Limit the intake of fluid as per your consultant’s directions..
Alcohol can make your heart beat irregular and worsen heart failure. Alcohol may also interact with any medicines you take. So your consultant may advice you not to drink.
Exercise keeps you fit
Exercise can help you in many ways, like it
- Improves the flow of blood through the body
- Strengthen your heart and body
- Tone your muscles and control your weight
- Increase your energy level
- Manage stress and raise your spirits
A variety of aerobic activities may also help you, such as:
Be sure your exercise plan include a warm- up and cool down period.
Stop exercise if
- if you feel unusually tired
- have chest pain
- become short of breathe
- try not to exercise if its too cold, hot or humid
Take a full sleep
- Sleep at least 7-8 hours
- Take a nap during a day if you are tired
- Plan at least one plan period everyday
- Avoid working long days